THE HENTON HEADLINES
March 10, 2022
Here’s the scoop for the week
MASA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING SYNOPSIS:
The board met on March 9, 2022, and worked through a robust agenda. Some of the items were standard review and others listed below might be of greater interest to you:
- MASA has accepted an offer for the sale of 1884 Como Avenue. The final investigation period for the buyer ends on March 13. If no issues arise, a closing will be scheduled for April 1, 2022. The sale price of $795,000 is just above the asking price of $793,000 and is an all cash offer.
- MASA and MASE meetings for the next year will be held in rental space with another school district. Details are still being worked on and more information will come in the weeks ahead.
- The Class AA MASA position on the MSHSL Board of Directors vacated by Dr. Teri Staloch who is leaving the superintendency will be filed by St. Louis Park Superintendent Astein Osei. Astein was appointed by the board to fill out the remainder of Teri’s term which will expire on July 31, 2023.
- Beginning July 1, 2022, a new member benefit will be offered to MASA members. The board approved a contract with the Joe Donovan Group to provide urgent/crisis communication at no cost to member school districts! Members will have direct access to the Donovan Group. All urgent/crisis communication developed by the Donovan Group will be customized to the school district’s needs and become the property of the school district. Any school districts who wish to work separately with the Donovan Group on other matters; for example, communication for operating and/or bond elections, or strategic planning, will be able to enter into a separate contract with the Donovan Group which will result in revenue sharing of 5% of the gross total contract to be provided to MASA. This will help defray the cost of the new member benefit. The Donovan Group has worked successfully for years with Wisconsin and has already provided immediate assistance to some of our members. I recently shared a possible response from the Donovan Group to a Tik Tok challenge for your use which I have learned was very helpful to many of you. The Donovan Group will also provide professional development at MASA conferences as requested. The board is very excited to offer this benefit to our members!
- Membership dues for the 2022-2023 school year will remain the same.
- The contract with Ewald Consulting was approved enabling us to continue working with Lobbyist Valerie Dosland.
“Communication is not about saying what we think. Communication is about ensuring others hear what we mean.” - Simon Sinek
|March 1||First day of Women's History Month|
|March 10 - 11||MASA/MASE Spring Conference | Thank you to attendees and exhibitors!|
|March 15||Educational Equity Power Hour Discussion | 1-2 pm | Zoom|
|March 18-19||Aspiring Superintendents' Academy (re-scheduled from January) | Minneapolis Marriott NW|
|April 5||Educational Equity Power Hour Discussion | 8-9 am | Zoom|
|April 13||Educational Equity Power Hour Discussion | 1-2 pm | Zoom|
|April 20||MASA Great Start Cohort | Quora Education Center, Little Canada|
|June 23-24||MASA Board of Directors Retreat | Minneapolis Marriott NW|
|July 1||MASA Membership Renewal|
|October 1||MASA Board of Directors Meeting | Madden's on Gull Lake|
|October 2-4||MASA Fall Conference | Madden's on Gull Lake|
|February 16-23, 2023||AASA NCE | San Antonio, TX|